tBS: Jam Session

BRIAN HALLIGAN halligbt at BIGVAX.ALFRED.EDU
Wed Jan 22 22:43:44 EST 1997

I thought I'd take this opportunity to start a new thread (totally positive and
thoroughly uplifting!) to get us away from the frustrating speculation about the
new BOC album.  Let's talk about the jam session that the Brain Surgeons
recently recorded.  I don't have the post with me at the moment, but didn't Al
say they played 2 former tBS songs as well as one new one?  Any guesses on what
those 2 songs might be?  What tBS songs do you think would translate the best
to an acoustic arrangement?

tBS songs that would make great acoustic songs:
Language Of Love
Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye
Stones In My Passway
A Kiss Is A Promise
Sally
Everything Is Blue
If U Come Close (mostly acoustic to begin with)
Locked Up
Lil' Egypt (maybe with some sitar)
Earthquake Boogie
Casa Del Sol (slide guitar?)

Can anyone think of any more, or think that I've listed something that wouldn't
work?  Will this recording be released through the mailing list anytime soon?
        Does anyone believe that tBS should stay totally away from any acoustic
performances whatsoever?  Remember what KISS sounded like unplugged? ;)  I
know... not a fair comparison.

Brian

obsong> Operation Luv