OFF: "No taxation without representation!"

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Jan 22 22:53:55 EST 1997

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, QUEST wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, M Holmes wrote:
> > Jeese, and you guys started a revolution over a 3p per year tax??
>
> Yeah, but the issue (as I'm sure you well know, but I'm just saying...)
> was that these taxes were placed on us by government officials for whom we
> had no vote.  Y'know, the ol' "taxation w/out representation" deal.

So you mean I should start my own revolution? ;-)  (As a Nonresident Alien
[I am], I must pay federal and state taxes, etc. but am not allowed to
vote or, now, even avail myself of services I pay to support, were I ever
in need of them. Not that I am complaining, mind you...)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Gong, _You_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.