OFF: Silly laws all over the world

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Thu Jan 23 04:14:30 EST 1997

>Speaking of silly laws, I just read a good one ! The French government is
>currently considering to limit sales of RPGs in France and to "force" RPG
>companies to add stickers on their games to warn buyers that "role playing
>games may be hazardous to your health" !!!

Hmm...  there's definitely a problem, although I'm not sure censorship is
really the right way to deal with it.  A spell in the army for first offenders
is probably more effective.  But since France has just announced the end of
compulsory military service, what's to be done?

Not that I'm against a bit of role-playing in the right company...

- Andy

ObCD: Mick Farren's Tijuana Bible - _Gringo Madness_