OFF: Silly laws all over the world

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jan 23 07:47:33 EST 1997

> > Jeese, and you guys started a revolution over a 3p per year tax??
>
> Yeah, but the issue (as I'm sure you well know, but I'm just saying...)
> was that these taxes were placed on us by government officials for whom we
> had no vote.  Y'know, the ol' "taxation w/out representation" deal.

        Yes--nowadays the government avoids that problem by raising taxes
no matter _who_ you vote for.  Cunning, eh?

ObHWQuote: "...can't go forward and you can't go back ..."

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
Dept. of ASNAC, University of Cambridge            -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)