OFF: Silly laws all over the world

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jan 23 08:58:38 EST 1997

On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Carl E. Anderson wrote:

>         Yes--nowadays the government avoids that problem by raising taxes
> no matter _who_ you vote for.  Cunning, eh?

        So, are you saying that the governemt should only raise taxes on
the people who vote it in? _I_ like that idea, I'll be safe for years...
Jazza

 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                      |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk         |
 |      "`It's a Venusian space bassist,' said Turner the bird being."   |
 |            (Hawkwind, sleeve notes to 'Doremi Fasol Latido')          |