Alan Davey

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jan 23 19:14:04 EST 1997

Bill Stewart writes:

> Hi folks, Hate to come online like this with bad news.  Just heard from VERY
> reliable sources that Alan has quit the band to pursue his solo career. Don't
> get your knickers in a twist until I can confirm this, but from where I'm
> sitting--it don't look good.
>
> I'm working on a NYC venue with Eli for the HW tour....anyone want in???

Hey ho  - all you have to do is mention the word "tour" and things fall
apart.   So how about another Hawkfans to the rescue attempt.....
Grab your bass guitar, there's still enough time to learn sufficient
tracks from Love in Space to stand in as replacement and rescue Hawkwind
and the tour.   This is Your Chance.  Start making your tapes now.
Chaos reigns.  And a Happy New Year to one and all.

Sigh.

jill

"this is the end now"

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk