Alan Davey

Hawkwind Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Thu Jan 23 22:34:21 EST 1997

At 06:25 PM 1/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi folks, Hate to come online like this with bad news.  Just heard from VERY
>reliable sources that Alan has quit the band to pursue his solo career. Don't
>get your knickers in a twist until I can confirm this, but from where I'm
>sitting--it don't look good.

OK guys, don't panic. The deal is that Alan is on sabbatical from the band
to pursue dates with his band 'Bedouin'. He will tour with Hawkwind and
perform regular duties where he can. It's not the same as quitting or being
fired - he is still going to work with HW in the future.

>From his point of view, Hawkwind will not tour for ever and he is looking
beyond Hawkwind and starting the building process now.

Yours,
        Star Rats