Patti Smith - Revenge Of Vera Gemini

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Jan 23 22:20:32 EST 1997

>> I recently got a tape including a song by Patti Smith - 'Revenge Of Vera
>> Gemini'. It was credited to be recorded at the NY Palladium, but no date.
>> I din't understand the introduction, but afterwards she yells 'Blue
>> Oyster Cult!'. Also, a guy is singing, with Patti doing the female parts
>> as on BOC's version.
>> Does anyone know when this was recorded and who is singing / playing with
>> her?
>>

>This might be it.
>
>BOC played the Palladium w/Todd Rundgren,David JOhansen,Patti Smith in
>a benefit for the indochina boat people refugees in winter 1979.   I'm
>pretty sure.

We only did this with Patti on two occasions. that I remember Once was in
the kingdome in Seattle and the other was at the convention center in
Asbury Park. It seems to me that we didn't play with Patti at the IBPR
benefit.
AL