HW: Alan Davey

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Fri Jan 24 06:34:29 EST 1997

Jon said

>> Erm, go and get "Captured Rotation" Alan's epic solo effort. It's the
>> best Hawk-release since Electric Tepee IMO

Then Dave said

>I've listened to it exactly three times.  Once was when I bought it.
>The other two were after people had posted remarks like the above to BOC-L.

I tend to agree with Jon, but I also see where Dave's coming from - what I'd
say is that _Captured Rotation_ is the most *consistent* hawk-release for a
while - there's absolutely no crap on it, and lots of really good stuff - but
it doesn't have quite the high spots of either A4 or LiS (which are probably
"Alien I Am" and "Blue Skin" in both cases).

That said, it doesn't have the low spots either ("Beam me Up", "Losing your
mind"), and since I fall into the "Ronosceptic" camp, I vastly prefer his more
conventional style on Alan's album!

Although I'm beginning to be won round by his eccentric use of vocabulary -
still not sure what he means by "infractualate my brain" (nothing remotely
like it in the dictionary), but it sounds all right!

- Andy

Andy Gilham/Andy_Gilham at msn.com/Andy_Gilham at compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Andy_Gilham