HW: Alan Davey

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Jan 24 07:18:45 EST 1997

Andy quoth:
> I tend to agree with Jon, but I also see where Dave's coming from - what I'd
> say is that _Captured Rotation_ is the most *consistent* hawk-release for a
> while - there's absolutely no crap on it, and lots of really good stuff - but
> it doesn't have quite the high spots of either A4 or LiS (which are probably
> "Alien I Am" and "Blue Skin" in both cases).

        Ooo err!  How dare we leave out "Sputnik Stan" as a high spot
on both A4 and LiS?

> That said, it doesn't have the low spots either ("Beam me Up", "Losing your
> mind"), and since I fall into the "Ronosceptic" camp, I vastly prefer his more
> conventional style on Alan's album!

        Well, I *liked* "Losing Your Mind?"!  It was fun.  I confess I
still raise a somewhat sceptical eyebrow at "Beam Me Up".  I still think
parts of it should have been made real songs and parts of it left in on
the cutting room floor ... :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
Dept. of ASNAC, University of Cambridge            -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)