BOC:Was Various thoughts now Buck's Band

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Fri Jan 24 08:56:22 EST 1997

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Carl E. Anderson wrote:

> > What I've been trying to imply both on aol, boc-l and to DR himself for the
> > past 4 years is that I think it would be better for Don to get a new band.
> > Lord knows, he has the talent of a half dozen other fine musicians put
> > together. It might not be better for aol or boc-l or BOC but it would be
> > better for Don.
>
>         If it meant new music it would be better for me!

  Like, McDitto, inc.!

> > but uh, no, I don't wanna be in Don's band. I don't think we really need
> > each other musically any more. Of course, I can only speak for myself.
>
>         Ah, but then we need to figure out who _should_ be in Buck Boogie
> & the Dharma Destroyers! :)  The easy way out is to grab the rhythm section
> from 3OC and form the mighty power trio of doom.  Yes, it's 3 hour steaming
> live shows with monster improvisational jams from the Buckmeister.

  Duck Dharma and the Mallards!!  Three hours of grind and bash and then
fly south for the winter! (eg, Australia!!).  Forget the 3OC rhythm
section, "rent-a-rocker", just get Joe and Al!!  *That* would make us old
types regain our ability to grow hair!
 And they could hand out leather jackets and chains at the shows!
 Kewl!

 (I had better take a valium now).

>         Well, actually I fear the additional of a synthkeys player and a
> cheesy acoustic rhythm guitarist for the pop songs of death ...

 And a chorale for the corpse choruses of certain brutality!

>         ... but one can hope.  Other ideas for a Buck solo project (with
> or without the exisitence of 3OC?

  Sure:
   LIneup:
          BUCK; geetar/vox
          Dave Brock; rythm geetar/vox
          Joe B; Bass
          Al B;  Drums
          Allen L ; keys
          Del Dittmar; synths and co.
          NIK T; sax, flute, coolness
          Mike Moorcock; poet

  Tour staff:
         Rik D; sound and light
         Steve Schenk; orange boy, gopher, piss boy
         Rowan Atkinson; dancer

  Support bands:
        Eric Bloom's death metal band (them laryngitis vox!)
        Alan Davey's Bedouin
        Lloyd Langton group (hmmm... maybe they should headline)

  Fun thread anyway!!

     Troy