OFF: Saucerful of Secrets

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Fri Jan 24 09:38:16 EST 1997

William Duffy asked :

>> >PS I think Saucerful of Secrets was first?
>>
>> Nope. Second. "The piper at the gates of dawn" was first.
>>
>I don't Know if Alex read the actual message or if he is trying to be
funny, but the
>original was querying whether Saucerful of Secrets or Electronic Meditation
(a Tangerine
>Dream album) came first.

Neither. I did read the message, but I didn't realize the SoS question was
related to TD. Are you telling me TD also released an LP titled like that ?
I had no idea. See, I've just learned something. Sorry for the
misinterpretation. I hope I didn't annoy anyone :-o

>Saucerful was released in '68, and Meditation in '69.

Are you sure of this, though ? I mean, I find this particularly weird since
the PF album was ALSO released in 68. Two "Saucerful of Secrets" the same
year by different bands ? Very unlikely. I'm not saying it's impossible, it
just strikes me as reaaaaaalllllllllyyyy strange, if you know what I mean.
Beats me.

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock
  In Progress, Slash, Micronos and more to come...)