BOC: Boise 1/23/96

Aaron Crandall deadline at CYBERHIGHWAY.NET
Fri Jan 24 11:05:06 EST 1997

I just thought I'd give a short review of the show last night at Bogies...

First of all, they did play The Vigil, Last Days of May, In Thee, and Buck's Boogie, but no Shooting Shark (darn!).  However, when they came out for an encore they did The Golden Age of Leather, which I was not expecting at all.  It rocked!

They did play the standard two new tunes (Harvest Moon, and Live For Me).  There has been a lot of debate lately about whether the new album will actually come out.  Well, when BOC came to Boise last year they really didn't say anything about a new album, it was more like "Here's a new one..." and that was it.  This time, though, EB mentioned the new album many times and said at least 2 or 3 times that it would be out this spring.  He had me convinced...

The show was great, with the slight exception of EB's vox.  I guess that's why they didn't play Dominance and Submission or See You in Black.  He held up OK on Cities on Flame, but overall he sounded weak.

It was still a great show and I can't wait to see them again...

Aaron