BOC: fathers of grunge?

Ted Alger talger at PIPELINE.COM
Fri Jan 24 12:51:25 EST 1997

Ok, someone from the BOC newgroup posted this:

[in Rolling Stone mag,  Chris Ballew from the band Presidents of the
 United States ofAmerica said]
> "Godzilla is what all alternative rock is based on.  You can't
>go wrong witha Blue Oyster Cult record, kids."
>Not sure if I agree with that (though I'm tempted to mke a crack about
>how Godzilla is probably one of the more meaningless BOC songs out
>there :-), and I can certainly think of other BOC songs I'd rather see
>being a big influence.

>(unfortunately, due to mail volume, I had to unsub from BOC-L.  Wonder
>what Al thinks about being one of the fathers of "alternative" rock :-)

What about it Al? how do you like being one of Eddie Vedder and Kurt Cobains
"daddy's"

Ted Alger
That's Army stuff!
It's got nothing to do with us!      - Ernest Bilko
And we wonder how machines
Can steal each others' dreams