Alan Davey

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Jan 24 13:40:05 EST 1997

>           The news about Alan Davey is sort of sad, as I see it that if he
>           is only going to be in the band as a sort of studio memeber and
>           show up for gigs, taht this will take a lot of the spontaneous
>           anture of the live show away (not that it has mostly disappeared
>           already), and they will likely perfrom just the same old things
>           or things that they are totally comfortable with...

        Yeah, I would be more worried about this if it didn't already seem
to be the case.  I fear we're into a downward trend that won't reverse :(
[Damn.  This is like the week to be negative of boc-l!]  Still, at least
Motorhead are still kicking ass :)

> Would almost
> seem better to just get some one new (Carl perhaps....), but I
> know that is a very difficult thing.

        Ooo, not me!  I have the confidence to say I could kick Harvey's
butt on bass ;) but I can't touch Alan.  Or Ade Shaw.  Let's not discuss
Lemmy ...
        We have more experienced musician's on this list!  Get them :)
        Which is not to say that it wouldn't be fun to jam out with Brock :)

        I too would vote for a new bassist ... but I can't see how they can
find a better player and writer for HW than Alan (or Lemmy).

>                I wish Allan luck. I have liked some of his solo stuff quite
>           a lot. I am not sure how he will do a s leader of a band... I
>           guess we will jsut have to see. SOunds like he will be playing
>           live a lot though, so I guess we will get to see..

        It's not over till its over.  I look forward to good music from
Alan and HW, but the whole situation has me worried.

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
Dept. of ASNAC, University of Cambridge            -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)