Subject: No Album Yet. -Reply

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Sun Jan 26 10:33:10 EST 1997

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 writes:

> I think waiting ten years between albums is break enough.  Just how
> much slack are we supposed to cut these guys?.  Maybe they prefer AOL
> for it's fawning idolatry.   At least BOC-L isn't afraid to address
> painful issues.  And do you really think we'd be this upset over the
> long wait between records if we weren't so damn anxious for 3OC to
> finally put out the great recording we all know they are capable of?
> Just 'cause these guys are our heroes doesn't mean that everything
> they do [or don't do!] is great...

You know, Ted, I remember when you signed onto this list, all fresh
faced, and happy to have found people to discuss BOC with... and look
what we did to you.  I feel so guilty.  ;-)

The truth is that my attitude towards BOC went in cycles for many
years.  I think for a long time I actually felt sort of bitter towards
them, because their consistent failure to produce the promised new
album over a period of several years seemed tantamount to
"withholding" BOC music from me.  :-)

I'm a lot less vindictive about it these days.  The BOC guys have lives
and families; I'm sure that they'd love to produce a new album, but
if they've got higher priorities than that... well, it's unfortunate,
but it's nothing that we have the right to get angry about.  I just
hope that they find the time and energy to put the album out someday.

Steve
swann at panix.com