HW:News from Dave Brock

Scott Heller (617) 724-7762 HELLERS at A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
Sun Jan 26 16:19:00 EST 1997

          Hawkwind News

          Just spoke to Chris Bruce, who spoke with Dave Brock and there
          was so very interesting news:

          The band is working on a concept lp about a man who rescues a
          kid, which is based on a book.

          The Hawkwind wing of Griffin has gone bankrupt.

          US Tour is going to happen for sure, but it will not be until
          June.

          Richard's girlfriend needs dialysis and the Kadu Flyer wants to
          try and put on a benifit to raise money for richard. Any ideas?

          Reunion with Lemmy and nik is being put together to take place in
          England later in the year. Just in early preparation.
          (THis is probably what Paul Ward was hiding from us.. perhaps I
          was not suppose to say anything either.)

          Alan is offically on sabattical from the band to work on his solo
          project. It sounded like to me that he would not be touring with
          the band this summer. Chris asumed that Ron would play bass, but
          if I recall correctly, didn't Jerry play bass on that one off gig
          in France?

          So looks like things will be happening with the band in 1997,
          just a slow start...

          Also, the Kadu Flyer will soon have a web site with all the back
          issues of the flyer and the new one. For those who do not have
          web access, they plan to put out a postcard with the tour dates
          etc, prior to the tour. I will let you know when I have the web
          address.

          Scott

          ObCs- Captain Beyond- Miami Fla. 1972
          ObCD- Magic Muscle- Gulp!

          P.S Anyone know what happened to Andrew Fergus? He still owes me
          a tape from back in september... Are you out there andrew?