Patti Smith - Revenge Of Vera Gemini

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Sun Jan 26 18:05:29 EST 1997

Rocker22 at AOL.COM wrote:
> In a message, someone wrote:
>  >> I recently got a tape including a song by Patti Smith - 'Revenge Of Vera
>  >> Gemini'. It was credited to be recorded at the NY Palladium, but no date.
>  >> I din't understand the introduction, but afterwards she yells 'Blue
>  >> Oyster Cult!'. Also, a guy is singing, with Patti doing the female parts
>  >> as on BOC's version.
> Who originally posted this?  I'd like a dub of the Patti Smith tape.  Please
> contact me.

I posted it. I got a Nektar live tape (Anyone got some Nektar live tapes? Please contact
me!) with ten minutes of Patti Smith live at the NY Palladium (that's what the trader
said who sent me the tape) as a filler; date unknown. Low quality, Vera Gemini complete,
the next song (unknown to me) incomplete.

Someone said it had to be from the IRC Benefit, but Al was pretty sure BOC did not do
Vera Gemini with Patti Smith that night.

Jerry <stayer at pi.net>