BOC-L: slavering sycophants vs. harsh critics

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Jan 27 08:34:02 EST 1997

 From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> >Esp. now that EB has devloped this seemingly
> psycho-somatic inability to sing anymore.  Is this condition a
> subconscious attempt to sabotage the new record so he won't have to
> face a possible disaster?
>
> Whoa Theo - Bloom may be a lot of things, but unless you've got some
> proof, I wouldn't be makin' these kind of accusations, if I were you.

Yeah, I knew that was a mistake as soon as I hit the send button!

> Besides, why would Bloom or anyone in BOC be worried about possible
> disaster.  They already did *Club Ninja* (no, let's not start that
> discussion - but, whether you like the album, or songs off of it, or
> not, you have to admit that the album was somewhat of a disaster for
> BOC), and they certainly aren't swelling the ranks of fans at this
> point.  Even if (and this is a big if, IMHO) the album were to flop,
> BOC really has nothing to lose at this point.
>
> John

I was speculating on something Al said about bands with a long time
between records being afraid of the unknown.  Purely speculation.
And from what I heard live, I agree that any new BOC material should
be great.  You're right, at this point it doesn't really matter if
the record is a bomb...
theo