OFF: Thanx to a neat person

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jan 27 13:23:42 EST 1997

Cliff & Pam Wheaton writes:

> Hi all!
> Sorry 'bout this-But I need to thank Randy A. For a prompt delivery og a
> CD:) And a cool tape He made up for me!!Thax guy-you're awesome for
> doing this for me!!
>
> Now -some questions: Where do I find info on the following bands-as in
> purchasing some of  their tunage? Soon!

{Can} - Progressive Rock (German, I think?)

{Word Of Life} - dunno

{Sundial} - another Prog Rock band still available from Mail Order outlets
{Helios Creed} - possibly industrial?   I've seen the occasional CD in odd
        places but definitely mail orderable.
{Gong} - should be readily available on CD from most good record stores.
        But beware, their recordings extend over as many years as Hawkwind
        with an equal number of personnel changes
{Darxtar} - from Sweden and some access through mailorder
{Soma} - mail order (Delerium), occasionally (rarely) found in UK stores
{QuarkSpace} - dunno
{Kalus Schulze-Especially this one-they're awesome!}   - which tracks were
        you listening to?   Klaus Schulze is a German synth artist with an
        extraordinary range of output.   Stuff like Timewind (yeah!) and
        Blackdance are IMO his best but some folk prefer his more
        ?minimalist stuff.   There's usually loads of his CDs around,
        probably best searched for under New Age or Ambient sections.

jill

obshock> a plane ticket price of 440.00 pounds!  Not the cost of a
flight from UK to Australia but the cost for a flight of just 800 miles
between Edinburgh and Plymouth.   Strewth......

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk