HW: Space Ritual Decoded

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Mon Jan 27 15:11:48 EST 1997

just had an hour free, and decided to decode Space Ritual Vol 2.
here's the results:

time reported by CD:     SR oneway   SRII magnum   conclusion
Electronic #1/Space       2:32          2:15       same, but 1)
Orgone Accumulator       10:00          8:47       different
Upside Down               2:52          2:44       different
10 Seconds of Forever     1:57          2:10       same
Brainstorm                9:21         12:07       same, but 2)
7 by 7                    6:11          8:53       different
Sonic Attack              2:53          2:51       same
Time We Left              5:46         13:21       different 3)
Master of the Universe    7:38          7:43       same
Welcome                   2:01          2:54       same, but 4)

1) about 15 secs of beginning is missing on SRII
2) the part between 6:40-9:00 on SRII is cut on SR
3) while listening to SRII version, you understand where SR TWL is edited
4) guitar pick at 1:00-1:27 on SRII is missing on SR,
   also audience at the end is missing

now, the question:
should I've spent the hour with my kids instead?

\\joe

ObStoicWork: Telling users not to worry for the dreaded PENPAL GREETING virus.