BOC: BOC in SLC

Aaron Crandall deadline at CYBERHIGHWAY.NET
Tue Jan 28 01:43:53 EST 1997

dahl wrote:

>Let's start with Eric.  Something is wrong with his voice.  He sang
>everything in a lower register and even had a hard time talking.  He was
>not much of a presence on stage.  He spent most of his time behind the
>keyboards, and not playing much (although it was difficult to hear the
>keyboards from my position).  When he did have his guitar he didn't play
>much.  It was very disappointing to see him like this.  Buck sang the
>verses with Eric on Cities on Flame.  It sucked.  The show really hurt from
>his absence.

      then Joseph M. Lofft wrote:

        After hearing this, I have decided not to go see them until
        his voice is back in shape.  Last summer I forked out $25 bucks
        to see BOC at a "Classic Rock Fest".  They played 5 songs total.
        I can't see myself paying for anymore subpar performances.

        ...which reminds me, I saw them last winter ina club and they
        blew the horns on the clubs PA so all you heard were lows and mids.
        It didn't seem to bother them though, they just kept on playing.
        I know it's considered professional to not let equipment problems
        affect your performance, but they were not delivering a quality
        product to the fans that paid to see them that night.

That's too bad. I'll admit that I was disappointed with EB's voice, but the other great songs they did made up for it.  It was worth the price of admission just to hear Last Days of May and Golden Age of Leather (both of which are sung by Buck, of course).  Also, I thought the band put on a great show.  I especially get a kick out of watching Danny -- he looks like he has such a damn good time on stage (or maybe it was the good time he had the night before in SLC...)

Aaron