BOC Setlist/Other Stuff

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Jan 31 12:02:00 EST 1997

The BOC setlist is a function of being a gig band as opposed to planned
tour band.  They take shows on short notice rather than planning a
production well in advance. The set changes we have seen over the last
few years can be traced to having a break or two in there before
accepting more gigs.  Kind of makes them like traveling lounge
lizards.8^).  As long as they rock though when you see them its
acceptable.  Still even if they want to pick and choose between say 20
tunes to do changing the order of them can help.  Why not do Stairways
as an encore now and then.  Sounds strange but if you see them often it
could come across as a mild surprise.

Hopefully they will keep GAoL in the setlist until next October, always
been one of my faves.  I will continue to pray that they leave songs
like Cities on Flame and D&S out of the rotation though.  They just
don+t do these songs as well without a certain person+s singing and
drumming to drive them.  Instead give me more Subhuman, Perfect Water
et, al.

>> when Eric did sing, his voice sounded fine to me.

>Huh?  Is this a post from last year?  I can only speak from the show I =
saw, >and he couldn't sing and could barely talk.  Has anybody else here
seen =
a >show within the last 3 months where Eric sang worth a shit?
>Jack, I think it's time to see a doctor about your hearing and you can
>forget about Dr. Music.  He hasn't been around since last Summer (the =
last >time we heard him sing This Ain't the Summer of Love).

Howls Brad!  No flames on the original author but I+m reminded of what
the Thing once said to Spider Man once after hearing something like this
-What have you been smoking kid, old tennis shoes?-  Eric+s problems
have been evident from as far back as last summer, and they don+t seem
to be getting much better.  Maybe this is all a ploy from the slickster
to really put the emphasis on Buck as the bands best feature.  One never
knows.

AL>  but uh, no, I don't wanna be in Don's band. I don't think we really
need
> each other musically any more. Of course, I can only speak for myself.

SS>Maybe Don would like to be in your band?  :-)

SS>You guys (and bro Joe) are among the great songwriters in the history
of rock-n-roll, it's too bad you don't work together anymore.  Not
because any of you needs it, but because the combined efforts of the
three of you produced a large portion of my favorite music, ever.-

I think everybody on this list at least can respect Al+s sentiments, and
Steve probably speaks for us all.  What I wouldn+t pay to see just one
spontaneous gig with you guys on stage together.  Legendary.

Peace and Love
lil ab

ob CD - Van Halen - Fair Warning  (the way it should have been for this
band)

BTW anybody heard this cd with Pat Boone covering classic rock songs
like a lounge lizard?  Heard a cover of VH's Panama and almost hurt
myself laughing.  Is this thing real?