tapes and things

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Fri Jan 31 18:26:12 EST 1997

Stephen Swann writes:

> Martyn White writes:
> >
> > Steve opines:
> >
> > >Yer nuts, theo!  Geddy had the most awesome screech in the history
> > >of rock music.  I haven't been able to listen to Rush ever since
> > >he toned it down that ear-shredding vox.  ;-)
> >
> >         Is a screech the same as a scream?
>
> Of course not!  A screech is much more shill and cutting.  Geddy can
> (correction: USED to be able to) cut eardrums into slices; I admire
> that in a singer.
>
> While we're on the subject, obBrainSurgeons: Deb doesn't have quite
> the shrill quality necessary for a Master's Award in this genre, but
> her live rendition of "Name Your Monster" definitely gets my "Critic's
> Choice" award for quality screaming.

What a grevious error on my part: I of course meant "Time Will Take
Care of You"!  "Name Your Monster" is a great rockin' tune in its own
right (and contains some most excellently delectable screaming), but
it's not near the quality of "Time Will Take Care of You" which is a
sculpted masterpiece of full-throated screaming perfection!

Steve
swann at panix.com