Mick Farren

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Tue Jul 1 06:59:53 EDT 1997

> At 11:24 30/06/97 +0100, you wrote:
> >In article <3.0.1.32.19970628120931.00691d80 at mcmail.com>, Chris
> >Warburton <desdinova at EARTHLING.NET> writes
> >>ChrisW
> >>
> >>ObFestivalI'mGladIHaven'tGoneTo:Glastonbury '97
> >
> >Well worth the effort as it goes <hooooj 12 hour grin>!
> >
> >Bloody glad I went! I'm pretty knackered after all that walking, tho'!

Kinda horrendous wasn't it ! I think I prefered the swampy mud on friday to
the sticky goo thereafter. I would have liked to see more up in the green
field / circus / cabaret tents but since it was totally the other side of the
site to my tent, the trek took me about 3 hours either way :-/

Anyways, had a generally great time, saw and heard a variety of acts,
summarised as -

Good:  Kula Shaker on sunday, Phish, Supergrass, System 7 (more guitar Steve!)

Bad:  Kula Shaker on saturday (shoot the soundman), The Orb (too f--king loud),
        Live, Ash (zzzzzz...), no Neil Young or in fact anybody on sunday
        night

Sorely Missed: Smashing Pumpkins, Primal Scream, most of The Prodigy

cheers,

Tim

ObFestivalFood: swordfish steaks