BD is better today than yesterday, scary.

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Jul 1 15:28:03 EDT 1997

> From:          "BREVARD Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>

tility man and I'm sure Joe could be wailing away if he wanted to.  I'm
> loath to say that Eric didn't like the attention Al received when he was
> with the band.  Eric always appeared to be a team player, content with
> his role of part time front man.  He also looked totally comfortable as
> being one of the kewlest looking r&r lead guys during the 70's.  We can
> argue his contributions to the cows come home but Eric has always been
> and always be the perfect lead man for BOC.

Oh I agree with you.  EB was THE front man in BOC, no question.  He
was the focal point and putative group leader on stage, the
incredible musicianship of the others notwithstanding.   But Al
always had that magical spark, and he had [and has] a great rapport
with the crowd.  While Bloom was cool and mysterious, Al always came
off as a r'n'r crazy, and played up that image to the hilt.  BD
played the role of guitar hero perfectly, though now, IMHO, he's
assumed the role of front man as well.  Which isn't nec. a good thing
for me.  EB in his prime was the best front man in rock, my all-time
fave.  I just wish he could return to that level again.  Attitude and
stage presence are intangibles that often surmount musical ability...
theo