BOC: ETL

Thomas Nelson gumby at PRIMENET.COM
Wed Jul 2 01:42:36 EDT 1997

Exterrrestrial Live was my first live collection. I find it to be very
listenable.

The reasons I loved ETL:

  *It was the first time I was able to see most of the lyrics to the old
tunes. I always sang ETI wrong.

  *I happen to really enjoy the first four tracks (Dom and Sub, Cities,
Dr. M, and Red and Black), even though Al is only on one. These four
tracks worked well together. I loved EB's interaction with the crowd. I
always used to play these songs when I had nervous energy to work
off...like right before my first date with the woman who became my
wife...I was pacing back and forth...It was playing it when she got to my
apartment.

  *EB's fun intro to Godzilla. ("Can you hear those giant footsteps?)

  *Great Cover Art...The boys look sooooo enchanting on the back cover.
Greg Scott does some cool work.

  *Joan Crawford and Black Blade sound just as good live...a tough feat.

  *Better Sound than the other live sets.

  *This album got me back into BOC. I had peaked out at Spectres. But
somehow this one drew me back in, which led to me buying RBN (and just to
lose any credibility I ever had ) an album I still like as a great mood
album. BOC had a sound I once read described as "a band being chased by
hellhounds" sound (a sound they lost on Club Ninja).

I must admit that the versions of Burnin' For You and (Don't Fear) The
Reaper were already stale by that album.

Just some observations by the Gumby Man

G-Man out.

                                                        *
  I will bow to the earth, bow to the sea,              *
  Bow to the love between you and me,                   *
  Bow to the sun, bow to the land                       *
  but never to a god made in the image of man.          *
                                                        *
                       New Model Army                   *
                                                        *
Thomas Nelson* * *The Gumby Man* * *gumby at primenet.com* *