Stalk-Forrest Group/St. Cecilia

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Jul 2 08:33:08 EDT 1997

I finally got ahold of a copy of this, which I was allowed to
keep for a short time period.  It was definitely interesting,
the guitars and drumming seemed good but the vocals were too
high-pitched for my liking.  Is that Eric?  I know he generally
sings fairly high, but this seemed beyond that.

I wanted to toss a copy of 'Gil Blanco County' on an Imaginos tape,
where chronologically should it occur?  It sounds like sometime after
Del Rio but before The Siege... but I'm not sure.  The FAQ lists it
on a third album if it ever made it to that stage...

Looking at the album credits from the FAQ, the only other song with
lyrics by Pearlman was St. Cecilia... this has no connection to
the Imaginos cycle, though, right?

I know I've heard the ending of 'Gil Blanco' on some other live
BOC track, but it eludes me right now.

I know 'The Curse of the Hidden Mirror' is by Meltzer, but it seems
to fit kind of nicely with 'The Magna of Illusion', with it's
"Foreign Mirror, taken from the jungle..."

anyways, generally enjoyed hearing it.  The Arthur Comics/Buck's Boogie
connection is very clear.  I also liked 'What is Quicksand' and
'St. Cecilia' quite a bit.  But I have to say that if this is what the
band was like before Krugman and Pearlman decided to try and mold them
into a heavier (sabs for cbs) band, it was a good thing.

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff, Guildmaster of Reeves |
Barony of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard     |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random