BOC: early live

Brian Halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Wed Jul 2 11:17:12 EDT 1997

> Yup, ETL is the first BOC album I bought too (back in '88).
> I still think it's one of the best but I seldom listen to it 'cos the vinyl
> is so dirty and dusty (?) and it makes me irritated -I wonder when I can
> afford to replace it with a CD...

Actually, the 1st album(s) I bought was a two-for-one cassette of AOF and Spectres.
I bought ETI soon after.  I just meant that I bought it before OYF.

> The songs; Well, I think all of them rock... even though D&S is my favourite
> (it may have something to do with the drummer...).

I was hooked on the "1,2,3,4" scream at the beginning of D&S.  That and the crowd yelling out
"Dominance!"  I would have loved to have been there.

> BTW: did Al ever sing D&S live? Or has it always been sung by EB?

Well, I know Eric sang it on Live '76.  Before that, I'm not sure.  Al sings it when the Brain
Surgeons play it live though.  I think it's on the "Pull the Plug" tape that you get for buying
a Surgeons album for a friend.

Do you need a Surgeons album, friend? ;-)

>         mvh -Daniel Wikdahl

Brian
brianh at pulleyn.com