NIK : BGG was OFF : Glastonbury

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Jul 3 06:01:44 EDT 1997

In article <9707021139.aa23796 at uk.ac.ed.tattoo>, M Holmes
<fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK> writes
>Yep. Bloody good laugh.
>
>Where was your tent Jon? We were up the top of the field maybe a couple
>of tents down from the steel track. The Friends Flag was flying except
>when the wind & rain downed it on Thursday. We sometimes had a couple of
>flashing LED's posted atop it at night too.

I was in the King's Field, by the sacred circle <<where the wizard sages
sat>>. I know, I know, I shouldn't have camped there, but everywhere
else was full by the time I got up there and even that field was filling
up fast. (I left London at 6, got to the back of the queue at about 8.
Got on site at about 4 in the morning, at which point my car broke down!
I had to push the bugger on site! Then we had to call the RAC, who to be
fair got there pretty quick. We fell asleep as soon as the vehicle was
parked, about 6 a.m. and didn't put the tents up till next day)

I don't know if it was the mud or the amount of people or fate but this
year I met NO-ONE i know, which is ridiculous after years past. The guy
I came down with went on ahead when the car broke down, I didn't see him
again till Saturday.

My wife's taking the kids to the Big Green Gathering in Wiltshire in two
weeks. Inner City Unit *and * Nik Turner will be playing there, rumours
of an onstage reunion abound.......
--
Jon Browne