Strange BOC related weekend

E F des at SATURN.SUPERLINK.NET
Sun Jul 6 21:11:56 EDT 1997

Went away camping to a friends place in upstate NY for the 4th.  On the
way I stopped for gas and in the little convinince store I found a BOC
best of cassette tape.  "Cool" I thought, "What a great way to start an
extended weekend."  So I bought the tape (sorry it's in the car and I
don't remember the name), it's a weird selection of songs including 'In
Thee' and 'Going Through the Motions'.  It doesn't realy have a
publishing label on it that I can recall but I beleive this collection is
put out by a company in Tennesee.

On saturday one of my friends and I (a BOC fan) went for a drive into the
town of Roscoe, NY (look it up) while listening to the 'new' tape.  We
shuffled around town and then checked out the community bullitin board and
there was a flyer for: '"Hippo" playing July 5th at Rockland House 11pm.
Featuring the (a bunch of) Helfigers and Joe Bouchard of Blue Oyster
Cult."
My friend and I were floored at the irony, also ROckland House is on the
edge of town so we knew we were going!

To make what shouldn't be a long story short:

We went, had fun.  It seemed like just about every Helfiger on earth was
there except Billy, and we briefly met Joe.  Joe is a really nice guy.  We
didn't spend much time with him though other than Hi, had fun, happy
holiday, etc.  So I have nothing to report here from him.  THere was a lot
of hussle and bussle with the Helfiger clan and my friend and I were a bit
drunk and felt like this was not the best time to assault him with
'fanboy' questions.  I did get some pictures though.  I hope they come
out.

Hippo played mostly Stones covers and they had a lot of energy.  Joe
looked like he was having fun.  They also played Reaper, Godzilla and
Cities.  We shouted out for Hot Rails which made Joe laugh.

The opening band was called "The Works" and they did more recent covers.
The guitarist in the band looked like he could have been Joe's son, we
forgot to ask so, would anyone here know (Al)?

So how was everyone elses weekend?

 --Eric