NIK: Judge Trev's ICU album

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Mon Jul 7 10:23:58 EDT 1997

Well, not really NIK: of course, 'cos he's not on it...  got my copy this
morning, given it a couple of listens by now.  Not bad, and well worth the
10.75 at the very least.  Some familiar material - "Virgin Love" and
"Skinheads in Leningrad" from _The Maximum Effect_, "Wake Up" (which is a
retitling of the mega-classic razor-sharp satire of "Raj Neesh"), and "Slow
Down Motorhead" which was on one of the Atomgods albums, and lots of new
stuff, like the penetrating and witty "Special Brew and Tennents".  I like
it - pretty no-nonsense punk rock for the most part, with Trev in fine
voice.  It would be great if the classic ICU could get back together,
because it was really a case of the whole being greater than the sum, but
since that's about as likely as the classic BOC getting together this is a
most welcome next best thing!

- Andy