HW: Moorcock & Comics

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Jul 7 04:27:36 EDT 1997

In article <01BC8AB3.1977EC40 at host5-99-51-72.btinternet.com>, Andrew
Gilham <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM> writes
>There's a forthcoming title in DC's Helix line of SF comics, which MM
>himself is writing.  No doubt Jon will be able to fill in the details...
>
>- Andy

Yeah, be excited....!  Initially a 12 issue maxi-series by DC Comics,
indeed under their Helix imprint, this is the first series of Eternal
Champion stories written by MM especially for comics. Each issue will
have 3 ongoing stories by different artists. "Moonbeams and Roses" pairs
MM with Walt Simonson (yay!) for the introduction of Jack Karaquazian,
the greatest gambler ever to play the Game of Time. In "The Metatemporal
Detective" Moorcock teams with brit illustrator Mark Reeve to follow the
exploits of Sir Seaton Begg, who comes out of retirement to investigate
a series of bizarre deaths at the very highest levels of British
society. Finally, "Duke Elric" teams MM with John Ridgeway (who did
Summer Magic for 2000 AD, some Hellblazers, and currently Age Of Heroes
- he's good!) in an Elric story set in the year 1000 AD.

Linda, MM's wife and (alledgedly) harshest critic reckons the series is
excellent work. Should really be something special.

Not to be confused with the current adaption of Elric : Stormbringer by
P. Craig Russell co-published by Dark Horse and Topps which I like a
great deal but is going over like the proverbial lead balloon over on
the Moorcock list.

SO GO AND SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL COMIC SHOP!!!!!

P.S <ahem> if of course you haven't got a local, I'll be happy to sort
out a mail order for you. <g>
--
Jon Browne