HW: Bob Calvert

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Jul 7 19:04:10 EDT 1997

Craig sayz...

>>         I have a queston which I am curious about.  Was Bob Calvert and
>> Brock friends when Calvert died?  Just wondering.  Thanks!
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>I think so, as there was a HW/Calvert reunion planned (wasn't there?). I
>don't think it went any farther than the "we gotta do this sometime or
>another" stage, though...

That sounds about right, from what little I know.

>I never thought that there was any animosity between Brock and Calvert or
>have I just not been paying attention?

Well, I think there may have been at least a little animosity from Brock
towards Bob during the infamous Paris incident.  I seem to remember that the
tour van was careening down the streets (and adjacent sidewalks) of Paris
trying to distance themselves from a frantic Calvert running after them.
This happening after Calvert informed the Gendarmes that Brock was a
terrorist and that he was concealing an automatic weapon, which of course,
turned out to be a prop.

Would this have been around 1978 or so?

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S. I also remember words like, 'You ain't getting back in this time,
Calvert' coming from Brock in some interview, perhaps in the early 80's.  Or
is my memory failing me?  Presumably, things got better later on for him to
consider the reunion that never happened.

P.P.S.  If Nik and HW are playing successive nights at the Labor Day thing,
does that mean there might be some cross-pollenation going on??  Just wondering.