OFF: more music while we wait

cjohnson cjohnson at HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Mon Jul 7 20:05:43 EDT 1997

       While I'm waiting for the new EBS releases to hit the stands, I
       thot I'd mention some other interesting items to be picked up:

       - Archetectural Metaphor 'Creatures of the Velvet Void' is finally
       out.  Available for $16 from the band.

       - Farflung have two new items.  'The Raven That Ate the Moon' is
       on the FlipSide label (same as '25,000 FPS'), which makes it a PITA
       to get ahold of.  A second new CD is coming out on Cleopatra called
       'So Many Minds So Little Time', should be out already.

       - Astralasia is putting out a CD-S on Cleopatra called "Seven by
       Seven".  Any bets that this frequent HW-remixer has done it again?

       - A new Melting Euphoria 'Inside the Gardens of the Mind' should be
       out next month, perhaps in time for Strange Daze?

       - I just spoke to Pat who runs Lone Starfighter Records in Texas.
       He is in the process of issuing the next The Spacious Mind release
       which is called 'Garden of the Well Fed Heads'.  This will be a
       vinyl-only item (CD version may follow next year).  It is a *real*
       release by TSM, with all new music I am told.  8^)

       Lone Starfighter is also the place issuing the Ear Candy 'Sound is
       Just the Way You Ear It' CD for a measly $15.

       - Word on the Ozrics list says that Eat Static have a new
       full-length on the way called 'Science of the Minds' or something
       similar.  Make sure to catch Eat Static, Banco de Gaia, and other
       Planet Dog folks making the rounds across the USA in August and
       September!

       - A live Porcupine Tree is on the way this fall, followed by a
       change of labels from Delerium to IRS.  Or so I've heard.  No-Man
       (an alter-ego of Steven Wilson) has released a long CD-S of remixes
       from the terrific 'Wild Opera', as well as a 12" with live stuff.

       - Omnia Opera 'Red Shift' is supposedly out now.

       - CHEAP STUFF:  Thought I'd share a good deal I just stumbled
       across.  Buccaneer Records (Baltimore MD, (410)931-9381) just sold
       me the new 2CD King Crimson 'Epitaph' for $20, and the re-issue of
       FM 'Black Noise' for $11.  Great prices for two great items!

       I dunno how I'm going to afford all of these items, all the new EBS
       items (Brock, Spiral Realms, Harvey B., PsyWarlords, LiS CD-S, etc)
       and still be able to afford travelling cross country to Strange
       Daze!??!!  Guess I'll have to go on a diet again...   :-)

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at hpsc.hisd.harris.com