BOC: Born to be Wild, etc.

Chris Baker Nebosuke at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 8 02:38:59 EDT 1997

John Swartz wrote:

>  I think (DFtR) works well where it is (if it really has to be anywhere in
the set, which, of course, it does).

Agreed, John -- my point was that the first position it occupied in the set
after radio success (i.e., last song of the night) was the wrong position in
terms of dynamics.  It of course makes sense to go out on the hit, but this
was a special case, where the band's set was ferocious and the hit (though
excellent) was not a barnburner in comparison.  And in those early days the
end solo was not as extended as it would become.

-Chris B.