EMI remasters?

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Jul 8 19:29:33 EDT 1997

MWood sez....

I've got some embarassing holes in my HW CD collection,
namely _Hawkwind_, _ISoS_, _Doremi..._, and _HotMG_ (I
have _HotMG_ on tape, never heard the others).  I'm
considering shelling out the bucks for the EMI _ISoS_
remaster, just to see the Hawkwind Log, but I might
settle for the One Way versions of the others.  Anyone
care to share their opinion of the remasters?  Which
ones have the best/rarest bonus tracks?  Best packaging?
Best improvement over the One Way release?

Well, Marshall, I would recommend that you forget about the One Way
versions and save your pennies (or max your MasterCard) and go straight for
ALL of the EMI remasters. They stand head and shoulders above the One Way's
in both sonics and graphics (although I HATE the Digi-Craps that these
disks come in, the plastic delaminates from the cardboard before the
packages leave the factory...) As far as rare tracks are concerned, my
favorite is on the first release, a pretty faithful remake of Pink Floyds'
"Cymbaline"...

What's the cheapest source for these CDs here in the US?
Any chance that any of these CDs will get a US domestic
release?

The cheapest I found any of the remasters was at Compact Disc Warehouse in
Fremont CA, $19.99 each including the 2CD Space Ritual. Probably long gone
and they don't do mail order...

Domestic release? After the demise of Griffin, not much of a
chance....There was talk by some of the folks over at The Artist Shop
(hello, Gary?) about another label that was interested, but I haven't heard
anymore about it (pssst, Gary, thats' your cue...)

MWood

NP: _Stardust We Are_ - The Flower Kings