BOC: early Albert vocals

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Jul 9 01:10:39 EDT 1997

>A year later (viz. Boston Orpheum 12/28/74) Eric was singing both of these,
>and I don't think the vocal duties ever reverted, although I'd be interested
>in knowing when the changeover was, or if there was a time when different
>guys handled it on different nights.  Albert? Anyone?

In the beginning I sang both songs whenever we played them live. I had
planned to record them that way and when I got into the studio I sang
Dominance first and that came out great and then I tried Astronomy about a
hundred times and got worse and worse each time. Finally Sandy asked Eric
to sing it and he did it perfectly in one take. After that I think Joe took
a crack at singing the verses (which he wrote the music for) to get a
warmer tone than Eric but Eric still sang it the best. I believe the
definitive version of Astronomy is yet to be done.

I stopped singing D&S live because it was hard for me to sing and play at
the same time. I don't know why but it seems easier for me now. Maybe it's
the ear plugs? I sang Cities more mechanically back then so it was easier
for me to get away with.
Al