HW: EMI remasters?

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Jul 9 04:54:45 EDT 1997

In article <199707081957.PAA02772 at listserv.spc.edu>, Marshall Wood
<mwood at SLICE.AGILE.COM> writes
>I've got some embarassing holes in my HW CD collection,
>namely _Hawkwind_, _ISoS_, _Doremi..._, and _HotMG_ (I
>have _HotMG_ on tape, never heard the others).  I'm
>considering shelling out the bucks for the EMI _ISoS_
>remaster, just to see the Hawkwind Log, but I might
>settle for the One Way versions of the others.
Don't do it!!!! The extra bucks are *more* than good value.
> Anyone
>care to share their opinion of the remasters?

brilliant job.
> Which
>ones have the best/rarest bonus tracks?
Possibly HW, but if you only buy one, it's got to be Doremi.
>Best packaging?
Space Ritual
>Best improvement over the One Way release?
Doremi

>What's the cheapest source for these CDs here in the US?
Don't worry *too* much about price on these....! You'll be very happy
with your purchase, I promise.
>Any chance that any of these CDs will get a US domestic
>release?

Not imminent.

--
Jon Browne

ob - Ride - "Taranatula" OK, so it's not as good as "Going Blank Again" but
that'd be pretty hard, wouldn't it?