HEY:..I'm back! (who??):Remasters, Moorcock & Space Babes etc.

C. Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Wed Jul 9 18:28:01 EDT 1997

Hiya BOC-L'ers! Christian Mumford here - I dropped off the list sometime
during mid-winter, but after about a week of lurking now, I figured I
should pop in and say hi! It looks like things haven't changed much here,
so I guess it's safe to start an 'Over Bob's Dead Body' thread again
:-)...The real reason tho was I was no longer having an email account at
work (i.e. no longer being there..), but I'm (sorta) back in biz now. I
know I owe a few people on this list a few things, I'm working on it... ahm
just a leetle slooooow, so have patience..

A few things from the past days I _have_ to comment on..:

SPACE DAZE: WEIRD BALD MAN SWALLOWS SAX, LONG FAKE MUSTACHE FOUND AT SCENE
OF INCIDENT:

Good to see Hawkwind headlining a festival in New York - If I hadn't
splurged and gotten this PC here I would have afforded to go (and drop by
some  family while there -  but HAWKWIND FIRST!! :-), but then again I
would never have known about it had I not.. oh well, poetic injustice at
work!

EMI REMASTERS: SOAK 'EM IN WATER AND WATCH THEM GROW:

I was unaware of them last year, and had just ordered the One-Way Space
Ritual, when they suddenly appeared in the store - I went for the first
album, it blew me away, so I picked up the rest of them (as usual I was
broke again because of Hawkwind! :-). I agree, beautiful, yet somewhat
flimsy packaging - especially the SR one. I agree too that XISOS is the one
to pick up for ALL reasons - packaging, sound, bonus tracks - and it's one
of my favorites. I don't care if there's a little bump or crease here or
there on the boxes, it just shows how much I appreciate them I guess -
where's the joy in owning something cool if you have to treat it like some
archeological artifact...  It's not like I'm gonna sell 'em!! (.I hope!).

 Hey //joe, where ya goin with those One-Way's in your hand......? :-)

MOORCOCK'S  FUNNYBOOK FACTORY UP TO PRODUCTION AGAIN:

Thanks, Jon, wow, I've been waiting for any more info on the Helix series
for months - WALT SIMONSEN!!! A dream come true, one of my favorite
comics-artists illustrating one one of my favorite authors - any comics
fans who haven't read his 'Thor' run at Marvel should!! Jack Kirby on
crack!!! (aside from that it's a damn good piece of writing..)  ....  Also,
John Ridgeway is perfect (as usual) for medieval and occult looking stuff,
his murky, scratchy 'pulpish' style and all.......

As for the Elric series, to be frank I've been waiting for this since I
heard rumours of it  in ''93 or '94 (the Bane of the Black Sword adaptation
had finished off in a haze of mediocrity 4 or 5 years previously prior to
First Comics sinking like a rock....), and..... I'm disappointed! I truly
dug the early PC and First Elric stuff way back when (the first 3
adaptations), and it seems P. Craig Russell has stylized himself to the
point of being uninteresting, and the flat computer coloring robs much of
the spontanaety (sp?) away from the art IMO. And why did he make Elric look
like this athletic 80's poodle-rocker guy?? What's with the perm? What
happened to the unhealthy, scummy soul-junkie with the long stringy hair I
know and love??

LACK OF SPACE ROCKIN' FEMALES (i.e. CHICKS, BABES ETC. :-)

The reason mostly guys are into this kind of head-music or rampant
macho-rock-schlock collecting mania is :

a) because we are geeks and losers, or b) it's a 'guy' thing, or c) all of
the above.

I'll tick off 'c' just to be on the safe side!

Anyway, good to be back - it's all good stuff,

Christian

ObReturnCD: Mooseheart Faith Stellar Groove Band: Global Brain