SV: Golden Void/Void of Golden Light/Golden Light of Void etc...

C. Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Wed Jul 9 19:17:15 EDT 1997

> On Wed, 9 Jul 1997 11:57:31 +0100 Mark Edmonds <mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK>
> writes:
> >Does anyone know why HW renamed some of their earlier tracks? I think
> >remember the first time this happened and I was really disappointed to
> >find that what I thought was a new track we just a more recent version
> >of an older one. Cynically, I thought that it was a cheapo way of
> >writing a new song but it continues to be done when it can't be
> >interpreted that way so what's the deal?
> >

> It has to do with the rights to the songs...instead of going thru the
> hassel, they just changed the names of some songs.

And, so they can change the credits, so that more money can be made off a
song, and of course, aquiring the rights to a song. Look at the Business
Trip album writing credits, and compare them to the original 70's versions:
Didn't Calvert write 'Welcome To The Future' AKA 'This Future' by
Brock/Davey/Chadwick? Didn't Turner co-write 'You Shouldn't do That' with
Brock, or did Brock/Davey/Chadwick write this hitherto unheard ditty called
'Do That'? Simon King wrote 'The Iron Dream' - Brock/Davey/Chadwick
possibly proved a point by aptly retitling it 'The Dream Has Ended'. Don't
get me wrong, it's a great album and all, it's just a little disturbing....
:)

Here I go again.....

Christian

ObCD: Hawkwind: The Business Trip (in my player right now!)