Strange Daze 97

Doug Bates Doug.Bates at TUCCSTER.TUCC.UAB.EDU
Thu Jul 10 10:46:29 EDT 1997

Greetings Spacers,

I just got the Strange Daze 97 package, with cool flyers
posters n' stuff.

Here is the Weekend itinerary:
(list deleted)

Thanks for the info Marc! BTW, I never received my Born to Go tape.

Wow, I'm really excited about the bands lined up. Nikwind is a great
addition to headline the first day. I suppose the special guest
possibilities will include Del? I dare not dream of another SR era
ex-member who happens to currently live in the US joining in. What
I do hope for is Nik and Dave on the same stage!!

I talked to a buddy of mine last night and only hours before Doug
Smith told him that the festival is on, HW will be there! They have
all the paper work done so that shouldn't be a problem this time.
I encourage everyone on the list to try make this once in a life event.
I'd love to meet you. Spread the word, post to news groups ect.

Is this the first Space Rock festival is US history?  What perfect
timing it is with Rowel, Mir, Mars Pathfinder and (next month)
Mars Global Surveyor in the headlines. Cydonia here we come.
Space is the place.

We're children playing in the sun
A sense of freedom on the run
We never knew what time it was
We just knew how sublime it was

--
Doug Bates
voice:(205) 934-9087   fax:(205) 975-7129
mailto:dbates at uab.edu