HW: Church of Hawkwind contributors

Marshall Wood mwood at SLICE.AGILE.COM
Fri Jul 11 09:13:05 EDT 1997

Can anyone tell me who these people are who are
listed in the credits for _Church of Hawkwind_?

 Marc Sperhawk - bass on "Some People Never Die"
 Capt. Albodi - percussion on "Some People Never Die"
 Madam X - voice on "The Last Messiah"

Most of the tracks were penned by Dave Brock, of
course, but they are credited to "Dr. Technical,"
even the bonus tracks added to the Griffin release,
which are copyright 1994.  Any idea why he used
this pseudonym?

Despite all the negative reviews I've read of this
CD, I really like it.  The vocal tracks are all
very good, esp. "Nuclear Drive" and "Star Cannibal."
And the sampled speech tracks are also good.  I
think I like it better than _Electric Tepee_, and
certainly more than _White Zone_ (a recent purchase
which hasn't done much for me, at least so far...).

MWood

NP: _Live at Reading '86_ - Hawkwind

Talk about Cleopatra messing up labels & liner notes!
Here we have "Assult And Battery," plus actor Danny
"Thomas" taking a break from his cancer research fund-
raising project to fill in on keyboards, Alan Davey on
drums, "Hugh" Lloyd-Langton.  HA!