HW: Church of Hawkwind contributors

Si sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Fri Jul 11 10:45:06 EDT 1997

On 11-Jul-97, Marshall Wood wrote:
>Can anyone tell me who these people are who are
>listed in the credits for _Church of Hawkwind_?

> Marc Sperhawk - bass on "Some People Never Die"

If I remember correctly from my old issues of Hawkfan, Marc is the American
guy who Dave gave his guitar to after the disasterous US tour around 1978 when
he temporarily retired. He learned to play it and met up with Dave later on.
Now, this is from memory and I can't find the reference at the moment to check
so maybe someone else can confirm or shoot me down?

> Capt. Albodi - percussion on "Some People Never Die"
> Madam X - voice on "The Last Messiah"

Don't know off hand.

>Most of the tracks were penned by Dave Brock, of
>course, but they are credited to "Dr. Technical,"
>even the bonus tracks added to the Griffin release,
>which are copyright 1994.  Any idea why he used
>this pseudonym?

I would say publishing reasons as with the other times he's done similar
things.

Si