BOC: WHERE is Quicksand?

Crawford Smith bk977 at FREENET.BUFFALO.EDU
Fri Jul 11 19:33:06 EDT 1997

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, John A Swartz wrote:

> These 2 songs are from the (never-released) Stalk-Forrest Group EP "St.
> Cecilia".  You can probably find someone who has a tape of all the songs
> on the EP, but also Elektra did release about 200 copies of a radio-only
> promo that had the 2 songs mentioned, so it is quite a collectible.  Also,
> the two songs were put on a bootleg (er, "live import") recording along
> with the 4-song EP that Columbia released (from Nugget's Pizza Parlour in
> NY in 1972) - check the FAQ for which title it is.  Also, Arthur Comics
> was included in a (4-record, I believe) box set put out by Elektra called
> Elektrok.
>
> But, your best bet in hearing these songs is probably via a tape trade
> with someone who has the St. Cecilia tracks on tape.
>
> John

Whew!  Just checked out the BOC FAQ -- amazing!  Top notch stuff.  Okay,
with regards to hard-to-find BOC stuff that's floating around let me see
if I have this straight:

"Arthur Comics" and "What is Quicksand" released in a limited promo
pressing by Elektra

"Arthur Comics" on Elektra compilation _Elektrok_

"Arthur Comics" and "What is Quicksand" on suspicious import _Fantasy
Distillation of Reality_

"Wings of Mercury" on live import _Into the Crypt of Rays_

Two tracks on soundtrack of _Bad Channels_

Hmmm.  How available are these?  Does anyone out there have copies?  I
mean, the Elektra promo must be rare as hen's teeth, right?  Should I even
bother haunting the used record-marts, or is it a waste of time?

...my brain hurts...

YFNR

Crawford

   ^
  /i\
 /   \      "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."