hawkwind name

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Jul 11 05:01:38 EDT 1997

In article <33C57FE2.CB8454A at starlinx.com>, Ron Jennings
<sprawl at STARLINX.COM> writes
>> Sounds like just a myth to me, but I don't how they got the name.
>> --
>>

>nope. its all true. definitely.rj

At least, it's certainly the recieved "official" story. I myself think
there's a little more to than that. I still reckon "The Aeon Of Horus"
(The Hawk-headed God) as described by Crowley (and variously called "The
Age Of Aquarius" or just "The New Age") might have something to do with
it. They were certainly aware of Mr. C at that time, and well, it's not
something that people always want to discuss in detail.

A interest in such things is often mis-interpreted, and if a complete
stranger came up to me at a gig or something and asked if I was into
Crowley, I would almost certainly give out the Nose-fart line and pass
it of as a joke. Not for any sinister or conspiratorial reasons, i might
add, but just because you just don't go into that kind of detail just
off-the-cuff, as it were. Unless of course you're Genesis P. Orridge.
And look how far it got him.

Probably rubbish, but the idea of naming your spaceship, and brotherhood
on it's 25 year mission after a fart-gag seems even less likely to me.
--
Jon Browne