HW: Philm Freax

Sonique sonique at MAIL.PCMICRO.COM.AU
Sat Jul 12 08:53:26 EDT 1997

Hi All,

Phil Franks just sent me a mailout about his web pages. Of special note to
list-members is the Dave Brock "Interview", but there's tons of good stuff
here, so have fun surfing

(I think that sunsite is down right now though)

That's it from me for a while .... I'll be away on a business trip for the
next week or so,

Yours in Space,

Sonique

Date:          Sat, 12 Jul 1997 14:24:48 +0200
To:            "Sonique" <sonique at maxwell.pcmicro.com.au>
From:          Phil Franks <philm at arrakis.es>

 .............. draft starts here ..................

Yo phriends of Freax!

It's been a while since our last rollout so we hope you'll excuse this
somewhat bulky e-message, we've got quite a lot to show you, we hope you
think it was worth waiting for.

As more visitors have passed through the randomized and rotating
Freax-o-rama front door we've had more and more contact with other folk who
have an interest in what we're doing and we've been involved in some
interesting projects offline and contributions to other websites. You can read
all about that on our ever-more-ego-tripping "What's New @ Philm Freax" page

    Right here: --> <http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/whatsnew.html>

We've always wanted The Freax/Friends/Franks website/s to be someting more
than a gallery of photos, we're aiming at creating a comprehensive web
resource offering information on a certain time and space in contemporary
history. Gradually we feel we're getting there...

Since we'd previously put up a page on Harvey Job Matusow in our Friends
histories Harvey looked us on-line and gave us an update on where he is
now.  Before we knew it Philm Freax producer Malcolm Humes was knee deep
into building a new site with Harvey, his auto-biography in progress,
covering his 71 years of a life sometimes stranger than fiction.
McCarthyism, Fluxus and Wilhelm Reich are just some of the topics to be
covered.

We've put up another page on Harvey in Philm Freax,
  http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/friends/matusow.html
featuring one of our favorite photos of him and draft stages of Harvey's
Stringless Yo Yo are up at:
  http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/matusow/

We have mountains of negatives still to scan through including some new
photos of John Cale at a recent concert in Spain and more surprises almost
ready for the next update, meanwhile...

                                *The New Pages @ Freax!*

After careful analysis of the server stats we discovered that a lot of folk
were only seeing the first page or two of our multi-page features like The Nik
Turner Interviews!

We've added a vintage pic of Nik and added a new entrance, float yer mouses
and click around dammit! http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/nikintv/

OK, in response to the never-ending flow of Guestbook entries from Hawkwind
fans web-wide here's the long promised and long awaited "Philm Freax: The Dave
Brock (unauthorized and unconfirmed) Interviews!" Starting with a previously
unpublished original bromide of a fresh faced, young Dave and including some
of Phil's most recent work while on a visit to UK last summer this multi-page
piece of HTML excess must be seen to be dis-believed.
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/brocki/

Led Zeppelin: Robert Plant and the late John Bonham at The Royal Albert
Hall, London, 9th. of January 1970.
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/led_zeppelin/

Ten Years After and Alvin Lee in some unusual photos on a film set in
Portobello Road, sometime around 1969 - 70 ... we think...
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/ten_years/

Lemmy!
Mr Mötörhëad himself before he got *too* heavy.
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/lemmy/

Martin Carthy played with most if not all of the great names of British
Contemporary Folk Music. We're presenting these photos with some text
contributed by Pam Winters, who is currently working on a book about Sandy
Denny, we hope to have some pics of Sandy in the next update.
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/martin_carthy/

Tiny Tim at The Isle of Wight Festival.
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/tinytim/

Surprise time!
An unpublished pic of Bill Bruford from the "The YES Album" sessions...
more to come!
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/bruford/

Muddy Waters
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/muddy/

Johnny and Edgar Winter, The Royal Albert Hall.
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/winter/

The Furry Freak Sisters
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/furry/

the main list and index to the site, THE PHILM FREAX ARCHIVE has of course
been updated to reflect these additions and we've added a search facility
using Infoseek Ultra. http://sunsite.unc.edu/mal/MO/philm/philmfreax.html

 So, there you have it, we hope you enjoy it, we love your feedback
but please be advised that Phil/m will be offline from now until
mid-August... please do send email but don't expect a reply for at least a
month.

Phil has also found time to add some new pages in English to his personal site
in Spanglish http://www.arrakis.es/~philm/ and some fun stuff on another local
ISPs unsuspecting webserver http://www.distrito.com/usuarios/photog/

Any problems or questions with subscribing or unsubscribing to this
"newsletter" please email our friendly robot:

 Zarvox Xovraz <Zarvox at bigfoot.com>

 (we never sleep)

 - The Philm Freax Digital Press Office!

--