HW: trek to sherman

DAMON CAPEHART monsieur at MYMAIL.NET
Sun Jul 13 01:39:19 EDT 1997

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997 21:08:06 -0500 Dan Witt <hawkwind1 at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:
>Given the facts that Sherman 8-30 is the only place Hawkwind is playing
>for sure and it looks like a great gig, I am preparing to make plans on
>getting there.  So far the cheapest travel I've found is Amtrak, $199.00
>round trip, to erie,PA and back to St. Paul. It's a 20 hour trip. Flying
>it would seem will cost $800.00+ from the 2 quotes I've gotten.
>
>Anybody else on the list find any cheaper transportation?

Yup.  American Airlines has $204 round-trip from Dallas TX to Newark NJ.
(Friend Dave wants to show me around New York on Friday, 8-hour drive to
Sherman on Saturday and miss the first 2 or 3 bands, spend Labor Day driving
back to Newark airport.  Boink!)

>Is there an estimated crowd size for this festival yet?

I'd like to know too...  I'll Cc: StrangeDaze at hawkwind.com since he'll be
able to answer the question better than I can.

Damon