BOC: WHERE is Quicksand?

M R Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Mon Jul 14 09:21:25 EDT 1997

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Crawford Smith wrote:

> "Arthur Comics" and "What is Quicksand" released in a limited promo
> pressing by Elektra

[snip]...

> Hmmm.  How available are these?  Does anyone out there have copies?  I
> mean, the Elektra promo must be rare as hen's teeth, right?  Should I even
> bother haunting the used record-marts, or is it a waste of time?

Keep looking - I found a copy last year at a record fair in Bath, England.
No idea how it got there. Quicksand is forgettable, but Arthur Comics is a
great track, instantly recognisable guitar style and bizarre lyric.

It would be fabulous if the Stalk Forrest album came out 28 years late -
hope we don't have to wait that long for EW!

- Mike Godwin