DFtR and Scream

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Mon Jul 14 23:51:45 EDT 1997

> This may be old thread -
> Rented scream tonight and there was a REALLY mello version of the Reaper
> performed by GLS (?).  That brings to five (I believe) the number of
> Movies that have used the tune -
>
> Shawn

Yeah, I saw a write-up in Entertainment Weakly (>:-)) that stated something to
the effect that DFtR is one of the most used tracks in movie-making. It may
have been an article in tandem with Scream, dunno, just flippin' thru the mag
while waiting for one of the kids' prescriptions to be filled...

'Nother thing. This last weekend, the local classic rock station had a PF/WoOz
"tribute". It was prefaced by whole weekend of progressive tracks that I have
NEVER heard on the radio! It was heaven! Tangerine Dream, Jean-Michel Jarre,
Genesis (when they was good, not when they were Full Colons backing band!),
Steve Hillage (!), Frank Zappa (!!), Yes and ELP LP sides played in their
entirity, just incredible!! Not much that I haven't heard from my CD player,
but it was cool hearing it on the radio! The ol' man drove the kids crazy
this weekend with his air-guitar/synth/drum "solos" and his singing (?!?)
(Still can't belive that I remember all the words to Yes's 'Revealing Science
Of God' after all these years...) Maybe there is hope for radio yet...
probably none for me, though! :-)

obCDPlayer: Boddy/Boots/VanDerHeijden : Phase 3

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Siemens-Pyramid Information Systems
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342  (404) 845-3404